No Bake Dark Chocolate Coconut Energy Bites
- Mar 14, 2019
Well hello chocolate goodness.
- 15 dates (soaked overnight or in boiling water for 15 minutes) + 1/4 cup cashew milk
- 1/3 cup sunbutter (or nut butter of choice)
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 cups brown rice cereal
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa (or a combo of quinoa + rolled oats)
- 1 scoop collagen protein
- Sea salt to taste
- 1 Lily's Dark Chocolate Sea Salt bar, chopped into chunks (can also sub chocolate chips)
- Handful of coconut chips (not flakes!)
In a high powered blender or food processor, blend soaked dates and cashew milk until a sauce forms and set aside.
Melt together the sunbutter and coconut oil in a microwave safe dish for about 30 seconds. Whisk together and pour into a large bowl with date sauce. Add in the rest of the ingredients until completely combined.
Using a cookie scoop, scoop dough into balls onto a parchment lined tray, lightly press down for a cookie shape and store in the freezer for 30 minutes. Done!
We recommend drizzling with extra melted chocolate and some sea salt to make them extra tasty before freezing. Makes about 20 cookie bites.
Recipe from thenutritiouskitchen.