Peanut Butter Banana Chip Granola Bars
- Sep 11, 2018
Ditch the processed sugar for a "healthified" kid-friendly, chewy, crunchy granola bar!
- 3 cups oatmeal
- 2 cup puffed rice cereal (I used puffed kamut)
- 1 cup chopped almonds-or any nut you prefer (toasted preferably)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups dates (you can use a mix of dates, raisins or dried figs)
- 1/2 cup Peanut butter
- 3 bananas
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup Lily’s baking chocolate chips
In a large mixing bowl combine oatmeal, cereal, almonds, cinnamon and baking powder. In a food processor or blender blend, dates, peanut butter, bananas and vanilla extract.
Blend until smooth. Combine wet mixture with dry mixture until evenly coated. Fold in Lily’s chocolate chips.
Line a 13×9 Pyrex with parchment paper, spray with non-stick spray. Flatten mixture in the Pyrex till even and smooth on the top. Bake at 325 degrees for 45 minutes. Let cool for at least 1 hour, cut into 12-14 large bars. Store in the freezer to preserve freshness.