Vegan Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Sep 06, 2018
Embrace baking season with this delicious banana bread, made with dark chocolate chips!
- 1/2 cup Maui Brand raw turbinado sugar
- 1/2 cup Maui Brand white crystallized sugar
- 1/2 cup vegan butter, room temperature
- 3 very ripe bananas, mashed will with a fork
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk, mixed with 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1.5 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1.5 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup Lily's dark chocolate baking chips
Preheat the oven to 350, spray an 8x4 bread pan with non stick spray, and set aside.
Whisk together the flour, baking soda, and spices (including salt)
Cream together the butter and sugar with a hand mixer, then add in the bananas, milk, and vanilla. Combine the wet and dry mixes, using the hand blender to get them completely mixed.
Fold in the chocolate chips, then pour into the bread pan. Bake for 60-70 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean!
Recipe from That Was Vegan?